Thursday, September 21, 2006

The Start of Growing Up a Master

Well, I've finally begun posting Growing Up a Master. I will be posting approximately a chapter a day until it is finished (around 36 days from today). It will show up on my site shortly before it gets to SOL.

I started this story over a year ago, and it lay dormant for quite a while. I had stopped writing for a quite a while, but when I recently started up again, I dusted this off and finally finished it. As apparently is the case with most of my stories, it ended up much longer than I initially intended.

I start with a core of an idea, one that I usually get in that time of the morning between being asleep and being awake. I mull it over in my mind for a while, and then I start writing it. I occasionally have quite a bit of it mapped out, but usually I have a couple of scenes that I want to incorporate, and I just write and let the characters and the story go where they may. In the next story that I'll be posting (it's done, so it won't be quite as long between stories this time), I started with an idea and by the time that I was done that original idea occupied less than a chapter. After I had written the whole back story, my people just ended up in a different place.

Anyway, back to Growing. Quite a few people in Master/Slave relationships have kids, and they have to hide their activities from their kids (quite appropriately so), restricting their lifestyle. But what if someone didn't? How would that affect the kid? What kind of advice would his parents give, and how would he be able to use that advice? What if that kid was me? That was the original idea.

Now before you send me your long letters explaining how horrendous and abusive this idea is, realize that I am not advocating this behavior! It is wrong, and if you do it you will screw up your kids and may end up in jail.

However, when I write, I can imagine a world where things work differently, where a boy can be that fantasy child that I always wanted to be, with the ability to understand power and consequences. The main character of this story is wise beyond his years. Actually, he's wise beyond my years.

For those of you that squick on young children, this may not be the story for you. It is primarily about a teenager's journey into becoming a dominant, however there is a small section where he is younger and is exposed to sex. If that is your hot button, you may not want to move on (though if you've already read the first chapter, than you are beyond that). On the other hand, you may not want to read this story if BDSM, anal, oral, mF, mf, ff, FF, teen, humil, piercing, incest or water sports aren't your thing either, but then again, you probably won't be reading most of my works if that were the case; I like to offend as many people as I can. :-)

As with all my stories, they turn out far better when I have an editor/proofreader. In the past Peter Z has editing all of my stuff, and we worked very well together. Unfortunately, he is no longer able to edit, and I will miss our working relationship. Luckily, a few others have stepped into the breach and corrected more errors that I'd like to admit that I had, and in general improved the readability. In particular, Skyrat, etoymaker and BanditIRA contributed greatly, though there were a couple of others as well that I will attribute when I get their permission.

And finally, as usual I want to hear what you think. I know during the year that I was gone I got a lot of mail that I was unable to answer. I'm sorry about that, and I hope it did not discourage you. I will try to respond to all my mail going forward so please, drop me a line and tell me what you think, either as a comment here or by sending me a personal note.

Hope you all enjoy!
M.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very sexy stuff - I can't wait to read the rest!

1:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home