Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Coming of Age

If you've been reading Growing so far, then you'll see its yet another coming of age story. I seem to fixate on that period a bit. I mean, which of you wouldn't want to have a couple of people like Girl and Katherine, or even Jake's father, guiding you through your earlier years? I assume that most males, and likely most females, fumbled through those formative years.

For me it was even worse; all boys schools right up till college, I didn't even know a girl except some of my younger sister's friends, until I was in college. I think that's why I take such interest in that stage of life in my stories. How would it have been to have a Katherine teach me how to date? Have Girl in my bed?

Ah well, that's what fantasies are for; to live vicariously through the characters as they get that which you never did.

One other note: The most common question I get about Growing is when I'm going to post more. You don't have to ask. Until I say otherwise, I'll be posting one chapter a day. If you want more, sorry. If the wait between chapters is too much, wait a month and start reading again. My web site is one day ahead, so that might give you a little fix.
M.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home