Thursday, April 03, 2008

It's been a long time

I know it's been a while, and there have been some people that have asked me where I've been. When I started out, I used fantasy to express my desires. The things that I write are, for the most part, things that I want to experience myself. Since In the last year, however, I've gone from fantasizing about what this kind of life could be to living it. I've experienced what it's like to be a real Master, and more importantly, I've met some real Masters and Mistresses in real life that I really respect. I've been to numerous dungeons and alternative lifestyle events, even gotten official Master Training.

So what does all that mean for my writing? For one thing, I think it will add a touch more realism. While I've never been as out there as some people, after experiencing the real thing I know so much more about what life is really like. When I write, it will not necessarily be too much like real life, because I view fantasies as the way to escape the messiness of real life; there is just so much more jealousy and insecurity in real life. Some of that might creep into my stories, but it will still be fantasy.

Second of all, I have less time to write. If I have a choice of sitting down and writing about tying up and whipping my slave and actually tying up and whipping my slave, I'll usually choose the latter. Furthermore, my social calendar has never been fuller in my life; I was amazed at how many munches and play parties and events there are. I could spend virtually all of my free time attending, and I was, though I'm trying to cut back.

Finally, believe it or not, I actually find it harder to come up with fantasies. I think that's because some of my best work came when I was frustrated and sexually pent up, and I would lie there and create these elaborate fantasies. Now that I get to live some of these fantasies, I tend not to dream up the more extensive ones.

Now having said all that, it doesn't mean I'm not writing. I still am, but it is much slower. I am tending to work on little pieces, because I find that with my longer works, like Growing 2, I need to get into it for large, contiguous chunks of time. If I work for a bit, then drop it for a week, I've forgotten all the backstories, and who is planning what, and who did what, and sometimes who whole characters are. It's easier for me to focus on a shorter story with one or two characters and no extensive back story. And despite that, I'm still trying to work time in to write Growing, just don't count on it any time soon.

Thank you all for your continued support and encouragement. You have no idea how much it means to me. If it weren't for all the emails that I get, the lovely people that start extended conversations with me (especially all you yummy subs) and the occasional prods to get me off my ass and write, I would have stopped doing it a while ago. So thank you all.

M

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good to hear you are alive and well, and especially that you intend to continue writing. Too many of my favorite authors seem to be dropping out of sight.

Jack Lipton seems to have vanished completely, and CMSix is apparently considering quitting. It's gotten bad enough that sometimes I have to write stuff myself, just to have something new, that's halfway decent reading. If not for the contributors to Thinking Horndog's Swarm Universe, and Lubrican's Making of a Gigilo series, I might have to get creative!

Anyway, I know how easy it is for real life to pre-empt writing time, so I'm glad to hear you'll be showing us more of Growing sometime. I really look forward to that.

QM

8:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Quantum:

Jack Lipton has basically quit writing because his wife found his work and gave him an ultimatum. CMSix is still writing (rewriting), but not as much as before (I think his previous stuff was mostly written before he started posting).

MWTB:

I have enjoyed many of your stories over time, including The Favor and Tired of Being a Nice Guy. I hope you continue to write stories for those of us who appreciate a well-written story. If not, I will number among those who will miss you, and wish you well.

12:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home